Saturday, December 26, 2009

chickens







The chickens are growing up so fast. We took our time getting started on the coop. We are about half way done. It’s going to be amaizing though, and large enough for about 80 chickens. Its dimensions are 8 feet deep by 16 feet long and 8 feet tall. It will have 24 nests, plenty of roosting space, three made by Austin windows, a gutter connected to a rain barrel, and automatic water feeders. The structure is attached to three skids so hopefully we will be able to move it as the area around it gets demolished and diminished.
I possibly have a favorite chicken. Though I definitely love them all the same, this one really enjoys affection. The names for the chickens are all a bit up in the air still. There are some silly ones we use to distinguish them, but I would prefer not to call “Miss Poopy Head” that for too much longer. Miss OJ, is the orange chicken that has bonded to me. She does some silly clucking as I pick her up, but I feel like she is bragging about the attention. May be one more week and they will move to their mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment